Linda Hertz Group

My Medical Device Sales Career

Hi Linda.  I was wondering what the rules are in regards to 2 page resumes.  I have always used the rule to stick to 1 page, which means removing previous jobs that might be very relevant to experience. I have over 6 years of sales experience which is important to all sales and pharma jobs I apply to, but I also have about 4 years of advertising agency experience, which applies in sales as well.  I am applying to both sales positions and advertising positions, but do not want two versions of my resume.  If I include everything my resume spans 2 pages.
Is this frowned upon?
Thanks!
Staci

Tags: resume

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Staci!

Thank you for your question! First of all, there is no problem with a 2 page resume, but I would suggest NOT going over 2 pages. I did add a quick Resume Template download on a Sales Rep. Template Forum HERE and that can give you an idea of a clean and, if need be, 2 page resume.

One other thing, I often suggest to my career clients that they have at least 2 versions of their resume if they wish to do what you are doing...attempting to fish in two different ponds: the Pharma Pond and back in the Advertising Sales Pond. Each pond will have a different person fishing in it and wanting to catch the right fish for them...in this case, your resume is the lure. A pharma oriented resume may not lure the advertising hiring manager and visa versa....so I suggest building 2 resumes that look very similar but with the right keyword search for the TYPE of job and industry you are focusing on for EACH job posting or submittal.

I also suggest reading my earlier article on the 7 tests for your resume to improve your call backs.

I hope this answers your question and more! Take care and thank you!

Regards,

Linda Hertz
Thank you Linda! That was quite helpful. I have updated my resume based on your tips. May I email it to you to take a quick glance at? Please provide an email address in which to send.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Staci Torok said:
Thank you Linda! That was quite helpful. I have updated my resume based on your tips. May I email it to you to take a quick glance at? Please provide an email address in which to send.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Since this is on the wall...use myresume@lindahertz.com and I will reply with my personal. Thanks!

RSS

OUR USA JOBS

Our Job Portal Link:

LINDA HERTZ JOBS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Open Jobs by State

VIEW ALL OUR OPEN JOBS BY STATE/CITY with confidential direct application.

Linda Twitters Daily!

Yes We Do!

We Tweet daily all our jobs, recruiting activity and career articles and more:

Follow us at:

Linda Hertz Twitter

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Linda Hertz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service