To ensure our members receive high-quality InMail messages and to help our customers achieve the highest InMail response rates possible, we’ll soon be implementing changes to our InMail crediting process:
- Starting in January, 2015, InMail messages that don’t receive a response will no longer be credited back.
- Instead, you will get an InMail credit for every InMail message that receives a response within 90 days of the send date. A reply back or a “not interested” response will both result in a credit.
- You’ll receive the credit back once the recipient responds.
This change also includes an increase in monthly InMail credits for some subscriptions:
- Business: 3 to 5
- Business Plus: 10 to 15
- Executive: 25 to 30
- Sales Navigator Basic: 5 to 8
- Sales Navigator Pro: 10 to 15
- Sales Navigator Team: 25 to 30
- Recruiter Lite: 25 to 30
- Recruiter Professional Services: 50 to 100
- Recruiter Corporate: 50 to 150
Additional information on InMail credits:
- You can accumulate InMail credits from month to month, but they will expire after 90 days.
- You can purchase up to 10 more InMail credits than your account type allows or upgrade your account if you need even more.
- Withdrawn InMail messages cannot be credited back.
Learn more about these changes on our blog.
On a positive note, this should reduce the number of weirdo's sending you InMails that seem to have been increasing in number last year; the one's asking you for a date or those selling a new snake oil type product, or those wanting you to invest in their middle eastern oil well. You can get back at those type of InMail sender's satisfied they will lose their credit on your non-reply and be happy that you may actually have cost them more money out of their pocket!
Just remember, most changes by any company are usually ones to improve their business model, not yours! So just be aware of the changes that Linkedin put in place effective January 2015 so you can truly have a Happy New Year without experiencing huge unexpected expenses!
©Linda Hertz, All Rights Reserved
SEE All Our Career Blogs.