Michael S. Hickerson
Skilled and experienced Corporate Account Executive with expertise in IVD diagnostics and a proven track record of success. Recognized in the industry as a reliable, sound, decisive and energetic leader who is strategically focused and who motivates, mentors and develops key talent. Strengths include US and global product development, strategic marketing, and corporate account executive level sales and relationship management.
HEALTHEACCESS CLINICS, LLC, Valparaiso, IN 2012 – Present
Special Projects Consultant, Marketing
Three-month consulting engagement marketing strategy and programs to organizations requiring Occupational Health, Urgent Care, Primary Care and Wellness Programs and Services.
ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS CORPORATION, Indianapolis, IN 1999 – 2012
National Director and Director, Corporate Accounts
Managed business relationships between all Roche Diagnostic divisions and major IDN, hospital, GPO, Reference Laboratory, CRO, government, and MCO, organizations – both U.S. and Global.
- Managed, mentored and developed a team of 7 Corporate Account Directors.
- Developed and implemented strategic and tactical plans – #1 National Director 2 years 2003, 2004.
- Built and maintained strong executive account relationships leading to revenue growth and increased contracted portfolio.
- Participated in Roche’s Global, Strategic Venture team developing new business ventures leading to $4.0M in new sales.
- Served as member of Corporate Accounts Leadership Team for strategic guidance of company.
- Consistently achieved Roche President’s team in Corporate Accounts (11 times in 13 years).
BECKMAN COULTER INC., Brea, CA Prior to 1999
US National Marketing Manager
Charged by executive management to successfully form 1 global marketing organization during acquisition of Coulter by Beckman.
- Developed and presented a global integration plan to merge Beckman’s and Coulter’s marketing organizations into a single structure, assisting in the development of the new company’s strategy and focus.
- Oversaw 15 marketing and product managers – $5.2M A&P budget during a period of intense organizational change.
- Directed the development and implementation of strategic and tactical marketing plans for Hematology, Coagulation, Flow Cytometry, and Automation which grew sales an average of 8% per year over 3 yrs.
COULTER CORPORATION, Miami, FL
National Director, Marketing, Regional Director, Sales, Corporate Accounts VP
Held positions of increased responsibility with Coulter, advancing from Instrument Sales Specialist to the National Director of Marketing. Directed all US marketing activities – hospital, IDN, reference lab, managed care, and primary care markets. Responsible for over $600M in combined division sales.
- Earned the 1st Joe Coulter Memorial Career Achievement Award (out of 4,000 global employees).
- Hired, developed, managed and retained a team of up to 15 sales managers, 15 marketing managers and 35 support staff.
Michael S. Hickerson Page Two
COULTER CORPORATION (Continued)
- Oversaw P&L responsibility for $35M region as an Area Sales Director (#1 Region 2 years in a row).
- Grew expertise in hospital / primary care markets (including investor owned hospital corporations), reference laboratories, GPOs in Corporate Accounts. Signed the 1st Hematology contracts in the Reference Laboratory Market for Coulter resulting in over $10M in incremental sales.
- Provided all strategic and tactical marketing for Hematology product line growing Coulter’s share by 7% over 3 years.
- Managed market analysis and the strategic marketing plan on a global basis.
- Developed and successfully launched 5 new Coulter products into the market.
- Won numerous awards including #1 Regional Manager (95, 96), President’s Team in Corporate Account 92, 93, 94, Presidents Team 9 years (2 in Marketing, 7 in Sales).
Instrument Sales Specialists, Northern CA
- Sold large capital equipment – Hematology, Chemistry, Flow Cytometry (#1 in sales or in top 5 over a 3 year period). Then promoted into Marketing.
BCMC, Albuquerque, NM, Community Hospital, Durango, CO, Greely Osteopathic Hospital, Greely, CO
Laboratory Technologist and Supervisor, MT (ASCP), MBA
- Promoted from laboratory technologist to supervising laboratory operations in 3 separate hospitals.
- Advanced Studies, Biomedical Marketing, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- MBA, Emphasis: Marketing, Finance, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- BS, Medical Technology (ASCP), University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- BS, Biology / Mathematics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Technologist (ASCP Certified)
- Biomedical Marketing Association
- Clinical Laboratory Managers Association
- American Veterinary Association
- ASCLS Colorado
- Founder and President, Cody Hickerson Memorial Foundation, – mentor and financial support to orphan boys
- Volunteer, Project C.U.R.E, Centennial, CO, helping to move medical supplies to those in need in 3rd world countries
- Big Brother, Denver, CO, participate as big brother to an 11 year old
- Volunteer and Board Member Support, Open Door Ministries
- USA Water Polo Coach – coach adults and children in water polo, also play Masters Nationals
- Mountain Climber, Summited Mt Rainer 2010, 2011, and over 25 – 14,000 foot mountains in CO